Crispy Ham Ribs with Sorghum Mustard Glaze and HerbsPrint Recipe
- 1 gallon water
- 1 1/2 cups kosher salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 oz curing salt #1
- 2 slabs pork ribs
- As needed fresh herbs
Sorghum Mustard Glaze
- 3/4 cup sorghum
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1 TBL yellow mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 TBL fish sauce
- Make the brine – warm the water to dissolve the salt and sugar.
- Let brine cool.
- Vacuum seal ribs submerged in brine overnight in the fridge.
- Remove ribs from brine, place in smoker at 225°F for five to six hours or until almost tender.
- Place ribs in cooler and let rest. Once cooled, portion into single riblets.
- To finish – Place ribs on a medium to high grill; cook until ribs are warmed through and have a nice char.
- Toss ribs in glaze (sub-recipe) and take to plate.
- Combine all ingredients together in a small pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Reserve warm for service.
Source: Team Shepherd for 2015 Pork Summit
Garnish with fresh herbs.