Bacon JamPrint Recipe
- 1 pound bacon thick-cut into 1" pieces
- 1 each onion large, halved, thin sliced
- 1 each shallot minced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee darker roast recommended
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 TBL dark brown sugar packed
- 1 TBL honey
- 1 teaspoon allspice ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- In a dutch oven, over medium-high heat, add bacon and cook until crisp approximately 20 minutes. Stir as needed
- With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving rendered fat in pot
- Return pot to medium heat. Add onion, shallot and garlic. Cook until onion is softened approximately 10 minutes. Stir at needed
- Return bacon pot. Add in coffee, water, vinegar, maple syrup, sugar, honey, allspice and chili powder. Mix well to combine
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching, until mixture thickens and a rubber spatula or wooden spoon leaves a distinct trail when dragged across bottom of pot approximately 1-1.5 hours
- Remove from heat and let bacon mixture cool for 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer mixture to a food processor, leaving excess fat behind. Pulse bacon mixture until finely chopped approximately 5 pulses or until mixture has reached desired consistency.
- Transfer jam to jars and refrigerate.
Bring bacon jam up to room temperature prior to serving before serving.