Bacon Fat BlondiesPrint Recipe
- 1 cup butter high quality European (ex. Plugra)
- 8 oz bacon fat rendered from a sweet-smoky style of bacon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- pinch salt
- As needed vanilla ice cream
- As needed caramel sauce
- As needed Granny Smith apples sliced
- Prepare an ice bath. Melt the butter in a saucepan until foamy and browned. Remove from the heat and pour into the chilled bowl. Scrape all of the browned bits into the bowl as well and fold in your rendered bacon fat. Chill thoroughly until firm.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Once your pork noisette has cooled, outfit a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Cream together the pork noisette and the brown sugar on medium high speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and return the mixer to medium speed. Add the eggs, one at a time until they are just incorporated. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Combine the salt and flour in a separate bowl and whisk to combine. With the mixer set to low, begin adding your flour and salt mixture until fully incorporated.
- Line a half sheet tray with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter onto the tray and use an offset spatula to smooth the batter.
- Bake the blondies for 20 to 25 minutes.
Source: Celeste Campisi for The National Pork Board.
Published with permission of the author. All rights reserved.
1. Serve with vanilla ice cream or garnish with caramel and sliced Granny Smith apples.