1-2-3 Chipotle Pork RibsPrint Recipe
- 1 rack pork back ribs cut into 3 pieces (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 8-oz jar chipotle sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
Place pork ribs in baking dish
- Stir together 1/2 cup sauce, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Pour chipotle sauce mixture over ribs in baking dish; toss until coated
- Place ribs, in a single layer, on a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Bring up long sides of foil; seal close with double fold. Seal close remaining short sides of foil with double fold to form a foil packet
- Place foil packet, seam side up, in jelly-roll pan or on baking sheet in oven
- Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender. Remove from oven. Heat oven broiler. If juices have leaked onto jelly-roll pan or baking sheet, wipe dry with paper towels
- Open foil packet. Generously brush ribs with some remaining chipotle sauce
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 3 minutes. Turn ribs over; generously brush with additional chipotle sauce
- Continue broiling for 3 minutes more.
Caitlin Loftus of Salem created this first place winning recipe for the Oregon State Fair. Serve with potato salad and steamed corn.